The selection process is governed by the following criteria, in order of priority:
- Baptised children of Bethany Catholic School’s catchment area. (See Map)
- Siblings of children already enrolled in the school.
- Catholic children from other schools within St Andrew’s Parish where a need exists.
- Children from Orthodox religions residing in the school’s catchment area.
- Catholic children from other Parishes determined by the Parish Priest and Principal.
- Other non-catholic Baptised Christians where a faith environment is sought for the child.
- Non-Christians where a need is established following a meeting with the Parish Priest/Principal.
Enrolment for Years 1 – 6
Occasionally vacancies arise at Bethany throughout the year and may occur at any year level. Families are invited to seek transfers on a needs basis.
Prep Enrolment Timeline
Applications for Enrolment : March ( Year Prior to Commencement of Student)
Families must complete and submit an Application for Enrolment Form
First Round Offers: Late May to early June
Families are notified by letter of either successful application or unsuccessful application.
Acceptance or Decline of Offer: End of Term 2
Accepting families must complete an acceptance form and pay an enrolment establishment fee by the due date. The enrolment establishment fee is a non refundable payment of $100. This fee is applied to the family school fee.
Waiting List Composed: Early Term 3
The waiting list is composed of families whose application was not initially successful and who meet the criteria to be offered a place should one become available.
Second Round Offers: From Term 3 and into the following year.
Vacancies created by families declining enrolments or for any other reason, are filled from the waiting list.
Bethany Catchment Zone
- South of Sayers Road.
- East of Werribee River.
- North of Shaws Road.
- West of Tarneit Road.